See the Custom Built CE Schematic for a diagram.
This section describes the assembly of the pressure injection system (See Custom-built CE Schematic) used to introduce sample plugs into the bare-fused silica capillary. It is important to note that copper and Teflon tubing should be installed and used according to the manufacturer’s specifications and recommendations.
- A tank of compressed helium should be strapped safely to the cabinet. A pressure regulator should already be connected to the gas tank.
- Copper tubing should connect the pressure regulator to the pressure valve using a quick connector.
- The pressure valve is then connected to a 1/8” union T.
- The union T is then connected to the 3-way valve by copper tubing. The 3-way valve controls the flow of pressure to the sample vial (“ON/OFF” switch).
- The 3-way valve is then connected to the solenoid valve by copper tubing.
Bottom: Pressure Assembly
- The black and red wires from the Solenoid valve connect to an electronic timer.
Pressure Assembly and Timer
- The solenoid valve is then connected back to the union T by copper tubing.
- The 3-way valve also connects to the plastic pressure tubing. The pressure tubing should go through a hole in the plexi-glass box and pierce the septa and be placed right above the sample. The plastic tubing SHOULD NOT be submerged in the sample.