Consult with your lab instructor about contents and format. Suggested contents include graphs or plots, calculations, and answers to questions with supporting discussions.
- Show cyclic voltammograms of AA at “inactive” and “active” GC electrode.
- Graph of calibration plot of AA concentration vs. peak height.
- Example cyclic voltammogram of fruit juice sample.
- The concentration of AA in the fruit juice (how close is your value to that on the label).
- Show background CV of buffer and a background corrected CV of AA (one example will suffice).
- Discuss the scan rate dependence of peak height. Does it change according to a known relationship?
- Discuss the reason for the absence of a reverse wave when the potential is scanned from +600 mV to 0.0 V.
- Explain why AA serves as an antioxidant.
- Find the literature value for the reversible Eo of AA. Is the value close to what you observe experimentally? What are three (or more) possible reasons for the observed differences?