- Understand the concept of a mathematical operator.
- Understand how to identify whether an operator is linear or not.
- Understand the concept of eigenfunction and eigenvalue of an operator.
- Learn how to perform algebraic operations with operators.
- Understand the concept of the commutator.
- Learn how to use operators in the context of quantum mechanics.
- 11.1: Definitions
- A mathematical operator is a symbol standing for a mathematical operation or rule that transforms one object (function, vector, etc) into another object of the same type.