Now that you have a complete outline, it’s time to draft or continue drafting your essay. Carefully follow your outline. Your essay must meet these minimum requirements:
- Minimum of two pages in length
- Clearly organized in paragraphs
- Introduction includes a thesis statement
- Each paragraph includes a clear topic sentence
- Evidence that you fully understand your chosen critical lens
- Evidence of an in-depth understanding of the text
- Conclusion that helps the reader see the significance of the topic
Take a moment to review the rubric below and then begin writing your essay. You'll submit your draft on the next page.
You may choose to write your draft in Microsoft Word or a Google document. Think about how you would like to receive feedback and indicate that when you submit your draft on the next page.
You will submit your final draft in the next session in TurnItIn.com.