Some Examples of Lasers in Research
- Ultrafast lasers are used to probe properties of chemical bonds in molecules and changes that take place in molecular and electronic structure during chemical reactions 8, a, b.
- Lasers are employed in chemical sensing c, d, imaging c, d and in experimental strategies aimed at single molecule detection d, e, f.
- Laser beams are used as molecular tweezers in optical trapping g experiments.
- Lasers are used as sensitive probes of surfaces and interfaces e, h.
Imaging protein expression in a live cell d
Lasers as probes of interfaces h
- J.S. Baskin and A.H. Zewail, J. Chem. Ed. 1998, 14, 62.
- A.H. Zewail, Science, 2010 328, 187.
- M. Lee, M.C. Wanke Science, 2007, 316, 64.
- X.S. Xie, Science, 2006, 312, 228.
- M.J. Wirth, M.A. Legg, Annu. Rev. Phys. Chem. 2007, 58, 489.
- G. L. Richmond, Acc. Chem. Res. 2008, 41, 739.